Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not Well Wellington 04.04.01 (Read 2957 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Not Well Wellington 04.04.01
Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:28pm

I am all for the development of our fair town, but I am starting to feel like these new 'outtastaters' dont give a damn about us. I mean, back in the 20th century the best and quickest way to get to where we wanted to go from Witchita Trail was by taking Feildcrest Rd. through Sagebrush, and north on Old Settlelers. However, developers have dug up Fieldcrest and Sagebrush, completely distroying our route. Fieldcrest is now a suburban maze, which we had originally hoped the developers would make it straighter. Sagebrush however, no longer exists, it also has become a suburban maze, but no longer accesses the Old Settlers Rd. So we now have to go through this neighborhood, down Flower Mound Rd, and up Old Settlers, a longer, and more frustraiting route. I am happy however, because Wellington has provided concrete (not asphalt) roads conecting to various places. However, the old route, was still the quickest. We now continue going through this old way, through the neighborhood. With all these twists, turns, bends, and no outlets, I feel like a rat trapped in this suburban maze.

Due to so many communities like this one opening up, new schools had to be built to control over population. With the addition of Wellington and Old Settlers Elementary, along with McKamy Middle School and Flower Mound High, one cannot go east without running into school speed zones and more stop signs, which adds on to the amount of time it used to take to go east.

The homeowners of this new community hate us for taking this route, even though we have taken it long before they ever lived here. If they dont like getting hit by 50MPH going cars, the power walkers/joggers and carriage pushers should, I dunno, perhaps try using the sidewalks, ...just a little suggestion. Say it with me "Side" "Walk." Makes sense. I suggest bicylcers do the same. Another suggestion, and rather last possible choice for them, would be to move, if they dont like how the locals drive, then thats tough. We were here first. The homeowner's response to this was putting up two no turning signs. Which makes it illegal to turn there during certain times of the day... ...even if you live there.

A while back, a new subdivision opened up, making Witchita Trail go straight through Simmons and attaching along the side of Wellington using Winding Oaks. Originally they had set up a blockade blocking access to Wellington from that road. This blockade was suppost to last about seven days. Well, after a month, someone finally hit it, knocking it down and partially to the side, allowing access. After a couple of months of using this route someone, my guess is an annoyed Wellington homeowner, put the blockade back up. I am just one of the many many MANY people who uses this route. So if I didnt move it aside, someone else would of gotten out of their car, rather than go all the way around, and done the same. Unless Wellington becomes a gated community, these roads shall remain public, that is, for EVERYONE. ~ N

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Not Well Wellington 04.04.01
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:37pm

Both Fieldcrest and Matterhorn Rds now have cement permanent barricades preventing all motorists from entry into the Wellington Neighborhood. This means that if you need to drop/pick up kids at any nearby school you must drive all the way around. Of course you wont find that out until you're late and you find yourself at a dead end.

However with the addition of Quailrun and the extension of Flower Mound Rd (Skillern) theres really no need to drive through the area mentioned unless of course, the schools. Although if I lived in The Woods, Id be pretty mad. I guess they expect you to walk, not drive.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print