Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bicycle Blues 05.09.01 (Read 2713 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Bicycle Blues 05.09.01
Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:50pm

I just don't understand it. Communities such as those in the 75022 area have spent thousands on bicycle routes and sidewalks. What does this mean to the homeowners? It means that even though they are paying for them in homeowner dues they are not allowed to use them. Now you may ask "why are they not allowed?" Well to tell you the truth I do not know either. It must be some incredibly evil and sick person or perhaps its nothing at all. Whatever the cause may be, here's my beef: I don't know what the heck is wrong with you people! You are causing traffic, not to mention risking your life as well as the lives of others.

Most of these sidewalks and bike routes are parallel to the streets, yet despite this convince, I see people jogging, biking, power walking, walking with strollers and who knows what else. In driving terms you people are "road hogs". Cars have to drive 10 mph or less behind them, often times having to risk their own lives by illegally crossing double yellow lines to pass them. And what's worse is this: they even do it at night. We as a town have this sissy thing known as "Drive Friendly Flower Mound," well that goes for you pedestrians as well. If you don't want to risk yourself getting hit or even the children you're strolling, then use the side walks. As for bikers, I realize the you have some right in using the roads, even though I disagree with it, but in most major cities there are actual bike lanes created on the roads, and bikers use them. They have enough sense not to get in the path of cars. These bike routes should be considered as bike lanes. Infact, they are safer to use than the bike lanes in the major cities I mentioned earlier. The town plans on adding more routes for biker/pedestrian convince. This is a wonderful idea, however I feel that first you need to start using the ones you have! That precious. expensive concrete could go to something useful like roads for us! After all, we use 'em.

Riding/jogging/walking is good exercise and great for your health. But like many things, they have their dangers. In other words, this form of exercise may be healthy, but it may also be deadly as well. SO USE YOUR ROUTES! ~ N

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Bicycle Blues 05.09.01
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:54pm

Not to mention how impeding traffic is against the law I think anyone wanting to ride on any road with a speed limit of 40MPH or higher has a death wish. Bikers always want motorists to "share the road" with them, well isnt it nice how they dont have to share with any of us?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print