Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Council Attempting Murder? 05.27.01 (Read 2486 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Council Attempting Murder? 05.27.01
Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:56pm

My family moved to this community when I was in the 5th grade. The town told my family back then that the bridge on Wichita Trail would begin construction soon. I am now a sophomore in college, and have yet seen anything done to it. I have however noticed a small patch of asphalt that was paved a year ago, but the only purpose that serves is to disguise the fact that the bridge itself is actually sinking.

The bridge is not the only dangerous part of Wichita Trail. The curving lanes that merge into one connecting the bridge is a hazard too. Due to the hills, you can't see oncoming vehicles, and there is no painted line that tells drivers where their lane is. When I was 16, I almost got into a collision with another car because of their wide turn. Luckily I was able to swerve onto the dirt to avoid it. However, in doing this, I blew out both of my right tires and damaged my rims. So my question is to you is are you going to reimburse me for the cost of my tires and buy me new rims, or are you going to get this bridge made? Because, surely it wasn't my fault they blew out. I could of driven like normal and collided with the other guy and have my body mangled in the creek, but at least my tires would have survived. I'm pretty sure that an incident like this has happened to several other cars before mine, because before someone poured asphalt to cover the holes in the shoulder, I would see just about every day some car parked in the utilities driveway with a flat.

What I don't understand is why you are against us having this bridge. It seems to me that you not only don't care about the homeowners, but their children as well. You don't hate children do you? Because I do not understand why you would want them to die. I do not understand why you would want me to die. And I do not understand why you would risk your life as well. But whatever your reason may be, the fact is out there... ...you want us ALL dead!

~ N

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Council Attempting Murder? 05.27.01
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 11:00pm

For the record the one lane "sinking" bridge on Wichita Trail has since then been replaced with a nice two lane concrete bridge.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print