Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vote No! 01.19.02 (Read 2772 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Vote No! 01.19.02
Jan 15th, 2009 at 7:36pm

The Town of Flower Mound is having a bond election on 4 different propositions. each are for the creation of certain recreational parks.

Prop #1 - They want to spend $7.37 million on baseball and soccer fields next to a sewage plant, so that Flower Mound residents, as well as visiting cities, will watch and inhale the lovely odor of sewage. It doesn't really matter much to the town, for it has already purchased the land. So even if we all did vote against it, there's no way the the town can sell it back. So visiting cities that come to play ball and/or watch will receive the opinion that the town literally "stinks".

Prop #2 - They want to build soccer fields near 407. This I fully support. For years FM residents had to play/watch their FM league games in Loserville. Cost - $3.94 million

Prop #3 - They want to build a community pool. I am undecided on this one. It costs $6.75 million, but local school swim teams will have a better place to swim. Then again, the majority of FM residents have their own pool. However, I say if you don't have a pool, go ahead and vote for it.

Prop #4 - This addition to Gerault Park will have a gym, teen and senior area, a skate park, fitness room and other meeting rooms. I favor this because as a former skater, I truly despised Loservilles facilities. It was disgusting. It got to the point where the best place to skate was the foundations of future FM houses. Cost - $6.95 million

Now that you've heard the sites opinion, vote for whatever you wish, for I will just be sitting here asking myself why waste all this money, when they could, I dunno... ...PAVE THE ROADS!

Voting @ Town Hall:
Jan 16-18 8a-5p
Jan 21-26 8a-5p
Jan 27 10a-4p
Jan 28-29 8a-5p
Feb 2 7a-7p

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Voting Results  02.05.02
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 7:38pm

Voting Results

All 4 Props were voted on, and past by a landslide. But keep this in mind: 9.8% of registered voters voted. Which means that the majority that voted, were probably government officials, and you can assume what they voted for. What happened to the 90.2%? I don't care what side you vote for, just as long as you vote. Its your patriotic duty.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print