Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Obey The Law! 04.12.03 (Read 3052 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Obey The Law! 04.12.03
Jan 15th, 2009 at 7:46pm

Ok, I don't know why this is so hard to understand. When you pass 3 signs on 3040 reading "50" It doesn't mean go 30. If you are too afraid to drive 50 on this road during a dry sunny day, then please, when a pack of cars catches up to you, be courteous and pull over to allow them to pass before continuing your long slow journey. Also, Forest Vista/Corporate runs parallel to 3040. There's 4 lanes of concrete, and the limits run from 40-30. A far more enjoyable route to take

407 has now become the new 3040. The speed limit ranges from 55-40, so be aware of these signs. If you are too afraid to drive at such a speed may I suggest driving even more slowly on the shoulder with your hazards on. Also, if you you absolutely have to drive 30 in a 55, may I suggest Dixon. This east-to-west road connects to others that all run parallel to 407. Due to the towns hatred towards high school students, this road has a posted speed of 30.

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Obey The Law! 04.12.03
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 7:51pm

Funny how now that 3040 is a 6 laner, given me the ability to pass these slow pokes, they lowered the speed limit to 45mph as opposed to the 50. Even more ironic is how since now I can drive 50 (5 over the speed limit) everyone passes me like Im standing still.

In fact it seems everywhere that speed limits have dropped people drive faster. People only now drive 50 on the asphalt portion of 1171 BECAUSE they lowered it to 40.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print