Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Down on Downing 04.02.04 (Read 2207 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Down on Downing 04.02.04
Jan 15th, 2009 at 8:07pm

Ok, here's the story: An intelligent kid is interested in fireworks and how to make them himself. To do that he must research all about them, which means, his research included other explosives he is not interested in. Though his intent is fireworks making, he is told that his gained knowledge and supplies may get him in trouble. So he ditches his book bag AWAY from school and home, until it is found.

I'm sorry, but you wanna know what happened in the fall of 96? Marcus High School had a bomb threat. Students spent 90 minutes waiting outside, then were told to resume class. Their "mommies" and "daddies" didn't take them out of class. Nor did they call in excusing them from class the rest of the week. And you surely never heard anything about it on TELEVISION!

I knew a kid in middle school who had guns, knives, fireworks, bow and arrows, you name it. I would find them ditched  up and down the creek. But ya know what? You never saw Lamar Middle School on TV. They never suspended him. Why should they? He never brought them to school. Nor did the Downing MS boy. Imagine him returning to TX after spring break learning this! Parents, if you're so terrified about another Columbine, you need to set an example to your children and stop damaging the reputation of a good student! Because that's what this is all about. I'm sure half the school shootings would never have occurred if the children were given SOME respect and not ridiculed 24/7. Please people, middle school is bad enough having children harassing children, now they've got adults to worry about!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print