Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Life's A Beach (CLOSED) - Highland Village - (Fresco's) (Read 12129 times)
MHSgal

Life's A Beach (CLOSED) - Highland Village - (Fresco's)
Mar 18th, 2009 at 4:00pm

Yeah, I realize that its technically not in Flower Mound, but its on the border. Cute name, good atmosphere, great food. Price is a bit high, but they often have coupons in the Clipper, so check your mail. My review is a bit mixed as there much I like, much I dont.

If you cant afford to go to Florida, or the latest Jimmy Buffet concert, this is the place to go. However I advise to sit inside. Outside is great, live music is often there at night, but parents bring their kids like it were a playground. The idea is their kids get to play in a giant sand box while the adults get to chill, but I see it no different than Chick-Fil-A. The children, always barefoot, have no concept of personal space. Rather than use pathways, they squeeze in between tables and chairs, and if their parents are sitting inside, they walk back and forth, barefoot, with sandy feet inside the restaurant. Inside is much more quieter, and peaceful, plus you dont have to worry about being too hot or too cold.

They may have Cheesecake Factory prices, but also Cheesecake Factory portions. Our meals could always be broken up into 3 meals per order. However I noticed that soon they could only be turned into two, and lately I would have no leftovers at all! Yet the price was the same. One item that I liked to order had a $13.99 version, and a $14.99 version. Difference was one had fries and one did not. Since plate-room was limited, I would pick the cheaper option in hopes that I would get more seafood. When the meals got smaller, I asked what the difference between the two were, they said size. So when I ordered the $14.99, it was no difference, no leftovers could be had. Now theyve gotten rid of the $13.99 meal all together.

Service... ...once good, its gets worse every time I go. Seems like it takes forever to get anything. Once we were forced to eat outside because their only indoor waitress was scheduled to leave soon! My mom and her friends claim that their alcoholic drinks are awful, and the bartender cared more about outside customers than those actually sitting at the indoor bar.<br /><br />The place has really gone down hill since it first opened. But still the parking lot is always packed. Would I go back? If someone else were treating me, yes. Its a good enough place that I suggest that people go to just try it out, see if they like it, and make their own opinion on it.

Food is a mixture of everything, so odds are theyll have something for everyone.
Life's A Beach
2420 FM 407 (Justin Road)
Highland Village, TX 75077
(972) 317-2212

New Summer Hours
Restaurant Hours
Monday - Thursday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2013 at 11:10pm by UmmYeahOk »  

IP Logged

Richter
Administrator

I put the sting in interesting.

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Life's A Beach
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 11:03pm

It's good but not great.  The best time for adults to go would probably be Friday nights, for the live music.  Since the music starts later, the kids are usually gone by that time, too.

Other than that the food is mediocre, and the drinks are a bit watery.  The best value to be had is the beachin nachos, which is easily enough to feed 3 or 4 adults.

The Administrator
IP Logged

qwerty

Re: Life's A Beach (CLOSED)
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:50pm

Life's a beach! As a result, the restaurant of the same name has closed. They are currently selling fixtures on the linked website.

It's real sad too. I liked that place but I always remember having to park by the dentist and walk because the parking lot was full. Even though it always looked packed, there was no wait in getting an indoor table. In fact inside would almost always be empty. Everyone was always outside. But as mention, parents bringing their children to play is a huge turn off, and probably scared off a lot of entree buying customers. Especially if those there planned to occupy the same table for more than an hour. It was like trying to eat at a chuck e cheese.

It's sad because I know that wasn't the kind of atmosphere they were after. Kinda reminds me of T J Hatfords in Lewisville. Nice upscale restaurant. They always had a nickel arcade. It was always child friendly. But then they started advertising it like it was design for them, a place where parent could come and relax while their child can run wild and free. They even changed their name to just TJs and made their logo cartoony. Where is the business now? Yep, it's closed, just like Lifes A Beach.

IP Logged

MaraudersRULE

Re: Life's A Beach (CLOSED)
Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 10:28pm

Life's A Beach is closed, yet the parking lot is still always full! I was driving by there today and I couldnt understand it. My guess is, people are parking there and going to the baseball fields by the school. With the restaurant closed, and nearby businesses closed during the evenings, theres no other explanation.

I wonder if this place closed because people saw the parking lot and assumed it was super busy and kept on driving.

Very sad.

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Life's A Beach (CLOSED) - Highland Village
Reply #4 - May 15th, 2013 at 10:42pm

Well its been closed for 4 years. I started seeing some of the siding being removed. Looks like its being remodeled and will one day be the new location for Fresco's, which is a mexican restaurant. Theres currently a location in Burleson and Watagua.

http://www.frescosmexicanfood.com/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print