Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2499/Dixon Area Traffic - Road Closings (Read 4315 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
2499/Dixon Area Traffic - Road Closings
Apr 2nd, 2009 at 4:59pm

Its quite obvious now that the north part of 2499 is being expanded into 6 lanes of beautiful concrete. However this has increased traffic issues.

During rush hour, the 407/2499 is so bad, that Lantana, Double Oak, Highland Village, Argyle, and others have been using Chin Chapel and Waketon to avoid many lights. I myself have used it in the past, several years ago, to go to Denton, even Target. But it seems that it has gotten so bad that these options are no longer fast.

To get onto 2499 via Dixon/Chin Chapel has gotton insane. Eastbound Dixon we're not even given a light until 3 light cycles!!! Last December, westbound Dixon could only get one car through per light it changed so fast. This has lead to people cutting through parking lots (Target and Hobby Lobby) This makes pedestrian crossing dangerous, backing out dangerous, and since neither exit has a light, pulling out into congested traffic dangerous. I almost was hit leaving Fridays by one 30-40mph vehicle trying to bypass the 407 light through the parking lot!

This mess has led to multiple people running red lights at a time, blocked intersections, and all sort of other traffic violations. Not to mention road rage. I had one moron blare his horn at me because I left 20 ft in front of me and another vehicle who was force to drive 0-20mph because of all the other vehicles in front of him. And of course, since I was not going to run a red light (wasnt even yellow, it was red), he decided to pull into the Dixon left turning lane and go straight ahead to pass me.

Anyway to add to this mess they are going to shut down a portion of Dixon now until July!!! This will make Waketon even more backed up, Rippy even more as soon as they open it and close Waketon (Remember, Rippy doesnt have a light) Chin Chapel will also see even more traffic. And some may even try to cut through the Old Navy parking lot since there is a rear entrance.

This is just simply going to be a nightmare!
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2009 at 8:43pm by UmmYeahOk »  
IP Logged

FMHSguy

Re: 2499/Dixon Area Traffic - Road Closings
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2009 at 10:07pm

I'm glad theyre finally working on the roads. They need to be fixed/expanded years ago, but why on earth do they have to do all of them at the same time?!? Whats next?!? Are they going to shut down Waketon and Chin Chapel?

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: 2499/Dixon Area Traffic - Road Closings
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 3:46pm

FMHSguy wrote on Apr 5th, 2009 at 10:07pm:
I'm glad theyre finally working on the roads. They need to be fixed/expanded years ago, but why on earth do they have to do all of them at the same time?!? Whats next?!? Are they going to shut down Waketon and Chin Chapel?

Waketons now closed, So With Dixon and Waketon close, anyone seeking Chin Chapel via 2499, as well as anyone coming from the Double Oak/Bridlewood Must use Rippy Rd. Those seeking Northern Access via the Robertson's Creek Shopping Center also cannot LEGALLY make a left turn from the Red Robin exit (even though most people still do)

Waketons closure is due to the 2499 construction (the last to be paved), but to have Dixon closed which is a completely different project unrelated to 2499 make this closure more insane than ever. Hopefully they'll wait before starting on the eastern part of Dixon, or even Morriss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print