Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red Means Go, Greens Means Stop (A 2499/407 Rant) (Read 1936 times)
UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Red Means Go, Greens Means Stop (A 2499/407 Rant)
Oct 23rd, 2009 at 11:36pm

I believe a new law should be passed. I feel that vehicles should go when the light is red, and stop when the light is green. This is the only way that traffic can move freely, collisions be avoided, laws be obeyed, and road rage minimized.

The other day I was at this intersection.  Despite not ever having to wait at all a decade ago I now have to wait through several lights. I noticed that when my light was green no one in front of me would go. Where they asleep? No, this is 2499/407, not 2499/1171. The reason everyone was stopped and not going was because several vehicles were running the red. So many in fact that we lost our green without a single car being able to go. But luckily when the light turned red everyone in front of me went. I, like an idiot, thought red meant stop, so I waited through yet another light. Thankfully no one behind me honked at my idiocy. I just wished that whoever was the first car in front of me had at least nosed out a bit and honked. Maybe then, and only then could one of use go with a green.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2009 at 1:56pm by Richter »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print