Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turner's Pizza Depot (CLOSED) (Read 6610 times)
qwerty

Turner's Pizza Depot (CLOSED)
Feb 22nd, 2010 at 2:49pm

I still think i Fratelli and Palio's has the best pizza in Flower Mound, as Turners tastes kinda like Little Caesar. But despite that, I still recomend visiting. They have $1 slice Mondays! And believe me, one slice is enough food for one person. So for the price the pizzas great! It's counter service, and they're very quick too! They also offer online ordering, something I don't think Fratelli or Palios offers.

The atmosphere is also great. I always loved the Parker Square location. Since the owners was a former US History teacher at FMHS the restaurant has an American history theme, which fits their slogan, "A Slice of American" quite well. The knick knacks on the wall, the classic cinema on the flat screens, even the tables have US history facts, and a trivia pursuit deck that you can quiz each other with should you get bored. They also host several events, but you have to visit to find out what

I really hope this place succeeds. There hasn't been an affordable restaurant in Parker Square since Jerry Van Dykes Soda Shop, which was an awesome idea too, but since their service was so horrific everytime I went, it was doomed to fail.  
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2011 at 2:51am by UmmYeahOk »  

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Turner's Pizza Depot
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:37am

I would say they're better than Little Caesar. It might be the sauce they use that makes it better. They sell tshirts there that read "KEEP FLOWER MOUND UPTIGHT AND PARANOID." I think thats hilarious. I almost got one.

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 2:20am

qwerty wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 2:49pm:
They also host several events, but you have to visit to find out what

Link to events and special deals: http://twitter.com/turnerspizza/

For some reason turnerspizza.com is down, but still registered till 2012.

qwerty wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 2:49pm:
I really hope this place succeeds. There hasn't been an affordable restaurant in Parker Square since Jerry Van Dykes Soda Shop, which was an awesome idea too, but since their service was so horrific every time I went, it was doomed to fail.   

Hopefully with the new NCTC campus moving into Parker Square they'll have enough business, they'll be selling franchises. I dont know of anyone who survived college without pizza.

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 2:51am

Closed in March. It will be missed. The owner is going to try and return to coaching and teaching again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print