Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stop The Drilling (Read 5004 times)
qwerty

Stop The Drilling
Mar 31st, 2010 at 9:00pm

You know I just realized that there are WAY TOO MANY drilling groups. So far I have seen:

For:
shilohareadrilling.com
citizens4flowermound.com
flomoinfo.com

Against:
BridlewoodGasDrilling.com
stopthedrilling.blogspot.com
flowermoundcares.blogspot.com
txsharon.blogspot.com

I realize that each one is dealing with their own neighborhood issues, but it seems that if you want to keep restricting it to your own area, why not make it part of your HOA agenda?

Rather than every person making an individual blog about their protest, they united together and formed just one? Power in numbers, and all that.

Also on topic, found this a bit humorous, I learned about flowermoundcares while reading window paint that was on an SUV. I dont remember what make/model it was, or even if it were a hybrid, but I found their vehicle of choice funny. The stigma on SUVs was and still is that they are not fuel efficient. My car isnt very fuel efficient either, its just that if I were protesting drilling, I wouldnt want to give them any reason to drill, ya know. They wouldnt drill if people werent so dependent on it. The cost/profit ratio wouldnt be worth it.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:36am by qwerty »  

IP Logged

Chris T
Ex Member

Re: Stop The Drilling
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 5:57pm

Good Point about the SUV.  Again, it just points out the hypocrisy of the anti-drilling crowd.

I do want to point out that the Shilohareadrilling website/blog is very "PRO-DRILLING".  You need to go and check it out for yourself.
There is nothing anti-drilling about that website.

IP Logged

qwerty

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 3:27pm

Quote:
I do want to point out that the Shilohareadrilling website/blog is very "PRO-DRILLING".  You need to go and check it out for yourself.
There is nothing anti-drilling about that website.

That I did not know. I did visit it but couldn't get pass the apology about being anti communism. I then became more interested in why the apology was nessisary. Since I make fun about Wellington on a daily basis Smiley I didn't know if it was towards their response, or what that response was. I had learned of that site through a google search and it was that post that came up. I didn't even realize that there had been other postings since then. I will edit my first response

I currently have no opinion on it. I'm not 100% sure about the dangers. There's been drilling in Flower Mound and surrounding areas years before all these individual groups showed up. I could understand if it were my land but I had no mineral rights to it, or if I were trying to sell my house and they were drilling nearby.  

I think what all these sites need (for and against) is to directly point out why they feel the way they do. You know, why is drilling ok and why is it not. Since most of these sites are strictly just blogs, visitors are force to backread all posts and comments to find their answers.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2010 at 1:38pm by UmmYeahOk »  

IP Logged

qwerty

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 3:54pm

Quote:
Good Point about the SUV.  Again, it just points out the hypocrisy of the anti-drilling crowd.

If you liked that, I bet you love the evironmentalists that are against drilling. You know, the ones that chopped down trees, escavated land, forcing large animals (coyotes, bobcats, deer) to find a home elsewhere, so that their large neighborhood could be built. The ones that moved in after the fact try hard to pretend that those homes always were there.

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
Administrator

Flower Mound, Texas
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:07pm

I went ahead and read your blog Chris, but I am also still undecided. It seems that my health scares were lessened by reading about the lack of such dangers at successful drill sites, but there's still the possibility that accidents could happen. I mean with the inconsiderate behaviors that smokers do, static build up, and such, there is a fire danger. Probably just the same amount of danger as a gas station, but your average anti driller doesn't think about those dangers. The places Ive seen the drilling are miles from a fire department. Yeah there's now that one on Shiloh, and that one at grapevine mills was there beforehand, but I remember watching flames at the scenc dr ranch constantly burn. It was controlled, but I always worried about it when I drove by.

My other fear is sink holes. I remember a year or two ago seeing a news story about half a town sinking. It looked like someone built a town in a meteorite hole. I worry about having my house sink, causing foundation issues, forcing me to move. My home was built this century but there are houses in my neighborhood that were built in the 40s and 50s. The towns not that old but we've already lost so much that's historic about it. Just because homes don't sink immediately doesn't mean 20 years from settling it won't.

Despite my concerns Im still undecided and open minded. Tell me why I shouldn't worry about this. So far my only real reasons is because it's a temporary eye sore, and the truck drivers seem to think that you'll yeild to them regardless or you'll die. They don't seem to realize that the reason others have right of way is because yeilding/stopping is very difficult/impossble. That's been pretty much my experience with Argyles. Yeah, lowering speed limits and adding lights didn't help either. Just punished good drivers more, and put them in bigger danger. But tempoary eyesores and traffic violations aren't really good reasons to be against drilling.

IP Logged

haleycart

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 1:17am

What great points you have!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print