Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
River Walk Today and Future (Read 2493 times)
GoJaguars

River Walk Today and Future
Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:11am

We were once told of this beautiful development in between 2499 & morriss that would make Southlake cry. Some despised it believing it help create the need for a 6 lane Morriss/Gerault. Others disliked it questioning environmental impact of wild animals. At any case, it would have brought jobs, and homes, as well as additional tax revenue for the city.

Sadly, like with Parker Square, the developers went bankrupt. But not before the new hospital was built. I was told that plans were in effect to drill there, allowing them to make some money off that, but with the new hospital, they weren't able to. Not sure why they didn't try before, especially when there wasn't a moratorium, but oh well.

Anyway, today I was thinking, if all went well, what would the River Walk look today. What phases would have been built? I photoshopped a map which explains just this. What you see is whats there currently. Most roads that are shown being finished are mostly just roads under construction then abandoned. This stinks because anyone wishing to leave the hospital southbound cannot turn left at the Windsor intersection as intended. They must go right then make a u-turn at Pecan.  The colored (but translucent) areas are phases that would be complete today if they didnt go bankrupt and stayed on schedule. The solid colored areas are future phases, to be built this year and continuing to 2013.

RW.jpg (233 KB | )
RW.jpg

IP Logged

haleycart

Re: River Walk Today and Future
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 1:12am

Thank you for sharing it here. I gained something from your post.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print