Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bari's, Alforno's, Salerno's (and Palermo) (Read 7739 times)
KittyFairy

Bari's, Alforno's, Salerno's (and Palermo)
May 12th, 2009 at 3:24pm

Since theyre all Italian food, I decided to review them all together.

Bari's is, above all, my favorite. Great food, great price, great atmosphere. I recommend their Low Fat Spaghetti, Tortellini Siciliano, and their Pizza. But pretty much everything Ive had there is great. This location was built this century, and has a much newer feel to it.

Bari's Pasta & Pizza
3472 Long Prairie Road
Flower Mound, Texas 75028
Phone: (972) 539-7091

Alforno's has very similar menu items that Bari's does, but lacks the two pasta dishes that I enjoy the most from Bari's. Their baked ziti and lobster ravioli is identical to Bari's. The pricing is pretty much the same as well. Their garlic bread however is the best I've ever had! They put Bari's cafeteria rolls to shame. Though its murals are nice, the shopping center was built in the 80s and is a bit run down. Boarded up windows give the illusion of drafty walls rather than the nice wooded structure they originally intended due to holes, and old fashion ceiling tiles, though clean, gives off a cheap feel.

Alforno's Italian Kitchen
2260 Morriss Rd
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Phone: (972) 355-1709

Salerno's - Also located in a very old run down shopping center, this restaurant has managed to keep a decent atmosphere inside and out. I have only eaten here twice. First time, it was a special group get together and I had school cafeteria quality spaghetti. Second time I couldnt find anything on the menu I liked and ordered the crab fingers (claws) off the appetizer. Despite knowing how difficult it would be to get such a thing fresh, and knowing the rarity that someone would actually order such a thing, I did anyway. Because of this I wasnt surprised at all that it wasnt very good. It was good enough for me for me to finish all of it however. But given the choice, and considering that the menu was pricier than the other two, I wont be back.

That being said, I have heard of several people who love this place. One, who is probably one of the pickiest eaters I know, found a cockroach in her food, but loves this place so much, she still eats there.

Salerno's Italian Restaurant
3407 Long Prairie Road
Flower Mound, Texas 75028
Phone: (972) 539-9534
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 2:08pm by UmmYeahOk »  

IP Logged

kfish
Ex Member

Re: Bari's, Alforno's, Salerno's
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 9:31pm

Hi, Thanks for the reviews.  Have you ever been to Palermo's in Bartonville?  Outstanding! 

Anyway, I was wondering if you knew anywhere I could get a "wild about Flower Mound" t shirt....I read a past post from you regarding the festival.  Any help would be appreciated. Smiley

IP Logged

KittyFairy

Re: Bari's, Alforno's, Salerno's
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 10:19pm

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for the reviews.  Have you ever been to Palermo's in Bartonville?  Outstanding!

Actually I have. I didnt review it because it technically isnt Flower Mound, so its a bit out of the way for most, especially since theres really not much out there but that Bartonville Center.

Its my moms favorite. She claims they have the best pizza, although I have never had it. Ive only eaten there twice. First time I had some sort of shrimp primavera dish, and the second time I had tortellini siciliano. I had a bite of their lasagna once, its taste and presentation was much like Baris (good). They have rolls also almost identical to Baris. They were alright, but if I had to choose between all 4 restaurants, Id pick Bari's.

I do enjoy their atmosphere a bit more than Bari's though. Each time Ive been, its been very quiet and peaceful, where as Baris is always loud (although I think it may be due to the amount of restaurant patrons they receive. You have the option of eating outside on the patio, which is very nice with the landscaping and creek area.

My mom also likes it because they let you bring your own wine... ...or at least thats what she tells everyone. I'm not sure if the owner and employees have an opinion on it or not... ...they could just be afraid to say anything due to fear of losing business. If this is something you or anyone else may be interested in, I recommend calling them ahead of time to see if its alright. I would also like to know if its true.

Palermo Italian Grill

2652 FM 407, Suite 155
Bartonville, Texas 76226
(940) 241-1414

* Sundays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Sundays: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
   * Mondays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Mondays: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
   * Tuesdays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Tuesdays: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
   * Wednesdays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Wednesdays: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
   * Thursdays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Thursdays: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
   * Fridays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Fridays: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
   * Saturdays: 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
   * Saturdays: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Quote:
Anyway, I was wondering if you knew anywhere I could get a "wild about Flower Mound" t shirt....I read a past post from you regarding the festival.  Any help would be appreciated. Smiley

Unfortunately I do not. I dont recall an official tshirt being offered. I just remember special organizations and groups having their own, which was specifically. designed for them. Not sure if you could legally take the logo and print yourself a shirt at cafepress or not. I dont think they would have a problem with it, but they might if you tried to sell it.

I know that if you needed additional information about the festival they suggest you contact Flower Mound Parks and Recreation Division at 972-874-6300 or e-mail parks@flower-mound.com. You could also check local thrift stores and garage sales, as free event tshirts seem to always end up at those places.

Also you could try local sign shops, as many of them make these shirts for the schools and such. I would check with http://www.signcentralandtshirts.com/ first. Mostly because theyre in Flower Mound, and I would only assume that our town would use someone local, unless a company in Lewisville was capable of giving them a better price.

IP Logged

Richter
Administrator

I put the sting in interesting.

Flower Mound, Texas
Re: Bari's, Alforno's, Salerno's (and Palermo)
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 10:34pm

Palermo's I've been to a couple times, and it seems to be kinda hit or miss.  The first time it was kinda 'meh', the second time was much better, and the third just sorta mediocre again.  It's worth saying that the second time, wine was involved. Cheesy  It also seemed more expensive than Bari's, and like you, I found that Bari's just has consistently better food. 

My only complaint about Bari's is that it suffers from Chickfila syndrome.  It's closed on Mondays, and that seems to be the day I always think about going there! Grin

The Administrator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print